Herman Mashaba Biography
Herman Mashaba (Herman Samtseu Philip Mashaba) a South African entrepreneur, politician, and the former Mayor of Johannesburg. Herman is the founder of the hair product company Black Like Me.
Herman Mashaba Age
Herman was born on August 26, 1959, in Hammanskraal, Transvaal, South Africa.
Herman Mashaba Entrepreneur
Mashaba bought an automobile while not having a license and drove out of the concern without ever having learned to drive. He drove himself from one commercialism job to a different, within the method confirming for himself that he was a natural salesperson with a loyal instinct for business.
He started commercialism “SuperKurl” African hair-care product and has become their number-one wage earner. He before long accomplished that this product excited him which he wasn’t content to be simply AN worker.
Herman Mashaba Political Career
From 2012 until May 2014, Mashaba served as chairman of the Free Market Foundation (FMF). He stepped down from his position once he joined the Democratic Alliance as an “ordinary card-carrying member”, citing the need for the inspiration to remain politically impartial.
On 3rd August 2016 throughout the municipal election, he was elected as the mayor of Johannesburg. On August 22, 2016, Mashaba was sworn in as a Johannesburg City Councillor. Later that day, he was sworn in as the Mayor of Johannesburg, the first non-ANC Johannesburg mayor since 1994. Mashaba resigned as mayor of Johannesburg later on October 21, 2019.
Herman Mashaba Net Worth
Mashaba has an estimated Net Worth of between $1 Million – $5 Million.
Herman Mashaba Black Like Me
Mashaba company, “Black Like Me”, was launched on Valentine’s Day in 1985 with an R30,000 loan from his friend, businessman Walter Dube.
Herman Mashaba Career Positions
- 2016 – October 21, 2019: the mayor of Johannesburg.
- 2008 – Present: Non-Executive Director at Stefanutti Stocks Holdings Limited.
- 2008 – Present: Deputy Chairman at Growthpoint Properties Limited.
- 2006 – Present: Independent Non-Executive Director at Edcon Holdings (Proprietary) Limited.
- 2004 – Present: Non-Executive Director at Matboard Properties Limited.
- 2002 – Present: Chief Executive Officer and Founder of Leswikeng Minerals & Energy (Pty) Limited.
- 2002 – Present: Chairman of Consolidated Power Projects (Pty) Limited.
- Non-Executive Director at Black Like Me (Pty) Limited.
- Non-Executive Director at Business Development, Aerosud Holdings (Pty).
- Non-Executive Chairman at Building works Group Limited.
- Chairman at Stocks Building Africa (Pty) Limited.
- 2007 – 2010: Director at CONSOLIDATED INFRASTRUCTURE GROUP
Herman Mashaba Height and Weight
Herman stands tall at an average height and has a moderate weight.
Herman Mashaba Education
Herma graduated from high school but did not complete his tertiary education, and there after joined the University of Pretoria.
Herman Mashaba Family
Herman information about his famil is publicly unavailable. This section will be updated as soon as it is available.
Herman Mashaba Married
Mashaba is married to Connie Mashaba. The pair celebrated their 38th wedding anniversary on March 3. The former Johannesburg mayor took to social media to write the sweetest message to his lovely partner. The duo first met in their teens and got married in their early 20s.
Herman Mashaba Children
Mashaba and Connie Mashaba are proud parents of two adorable children, Rhulani Mashaba (son) and Khensani Mashaba (daughter).